Once you’ve decided where you would like to serve, fill out the form below, and we will get you plugged in. We need everyone to get involved so that as a family we can carry the mission forward. At CityGate, we ask each person who calls this place home to get on mission and be involved in serving in some way. That’s why we call them Missional Teams—because everyone who serves at CityGate is on mission. Each week we have people attend CityGate who don’t know Jesus, and therefore we put a great deal of time, effort, and focus on ensuring that we create a distraction-free environment which allows people to zero in on hearing the Gospel message that will be preached each week.
Once you’ve decided where you would like to serve, click the button below, fill out the form, and we will get you plugged in.
We need everyone to get involved so that as a family we can carry the mission forward.
CITYGATE KIDS MISSIONAL TEAM
Each week, we partner with the parents of CityGate to hand the gospel to the next generation by providing ministry for kids ages birth through 5th grade. We do this by:
- Ensuring parents know their kids are being well cared for so they can focus on being a part of the weekly gathering
- Keeping the kids ministry welcoming, safe & healthy
- Serving a few per month during the service to fill a variety of roles including taking care of babies, teaching kids and assisting the teachers
This missional team is a huge blessing to the CityGate parents. We want to ensure that this is a safe, clean, & loving environment for our kids at all times. To support this, all people serving in CityGate Kids must complete an application and pass a background check.
UTILITY MISSIONAL TEAM
We exist to support all the other missional teams in preparing the church for our Sunday services and ensuring they have everything they need for a smooth worship service. We do this by:
- Brewing Coffee, monitoring levels of & refilling pots
- Placing signage so people can find our church easily on Sunday mornings and taking it down once the service is over
- Help guests find the right parking spot
- Picking up trash around the building
- Preparing the facility for Sunday worship
No special skills are needed. All we ask for is a servant’s attitude to do whatever may come up on a Sunday morning.
GUEST SERVICES MISSIONAL TEAM
Joining Guest Services means being the welcoming face of CityGate to each guest that comes on a Sunday morning. We do this by:
- Making a positive first impression the moment new guests enter the church
- Directing people to the coffee, the bathrooms & the children’s rooms
- Helping people get connected to the next steps at CityGate
- Manning the info corner
- Thanking people for coming
At all CityGate events we strive to make people feel welcomed and loved
SUNDAY WORSHIP MISSIONAL TEAM
We labor to produce gospel-proclaiming, Jesus-praising worship gatherings where life-change is expected. Each week we progress through a journey of lifting our eyes to give thanks to and testify about Jesus, as we prepare to passionately ascribe Him ultimate worth. We do this by:
- Leading worship through singing and playing music
- Lead the church in prayer on Sunday morning
- Meeting weekly to rehearse
- Continuing to grow in skills
- Running the sound, lights, and media presentations used on Sunday morning
- Meeting for special trainings